Cycling Accident Claims in Leicester – Compensation
Cycling Accident Compensation Leicester
With cycling currently at a level of unprecedented popularity in the UK, it’s no surprise that we have seen a rise in cycling accidents in Leicester and Leicestershire. Cycling accident compensation is paid out frequently these days due to this unfortunate rise in accidents.
The reason is due to the way in which cyclists and bike riders don’t have any real protection when it comes to other road users, and are so very vulnerable. The chances of being injured are higher than other road users involved in collisions, potholes in the road, and other hazards.
Making Cycling Accident Claims
If you have been hurt whilst riding, and the incident was not your fault, then there’s every chance that you could be able to claim for bicycle accident compensation in Leicester using our friendly no win no fee* personal injury solicitors.
In order to stand the best chance of success when making cycling accident claims in Leicester, there are some things you need to be aware of. Here is our short guide to what to do if involved in an accident.
- If your injuries require medical treatment make sure an ambulance is called.
- Keep any subsequent medical records.
- If possible, ask any witnesses if they would be prepared to make a statement.
- Write down number plate details of any cars involved in the accident.
- Where possible, take photographic evidence of damages and injuries.
- If the police attend, take copies of their reports, or ask for them in the post.
If you follow these guidelines above then it’s far more likely that your cycle accident claim will be successful. Even if you haven’t managed to do all of the above, please do still call us for a free phone consultation where we can tell you whether you are able to claim for bike accident compensation.
Types of Cycle Accident Claim
Our solicitors help cyclists in Leicester and Leicestershire, and many of them are cyclists themselves so know and sympathise with the inherent dangers on the road. The types of bicycle accident claims that we can and have helped with include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collisions with cars, motorbikes, lorries, buses, coaches, and other road users.
- Accidents from potholes, or poorly maintained council roads.
- Assaults and road rage incidents.
- Pedestrians stepping into your way (pedestrian accident claims).
What Can You Claim For?
We are able to pursue compensation amounts and payouts for a wide variety of instances, including personal injury and property damage. Those items that can be submitted as part of a bicycle injury compensation claim in Leicester are:
- Personal injury, pain, and suffering (cuts, bruises, breaks, fractures).
- Damage to your bicycle and repair or replacement costs.
- Property damage for example equipment or items you were carrying.
- Loss of earnings and loss of wages (current and future)
- Travel costs relating to your accident
- Any other expenses that can be directly attributed to the accident
Most cyclists won’t have insurance policies themselves, so sometimes mistakenly believe this means they cannot be the recipient of cycle accident claims compensation. This is not true. If you want to know more, or are unsure about whether or not you qualify, then one phone call into our team will mean you can get an immediate answer.
What Amounts Could You Be Due?
Every single case that we deal with will be assessed on an individual basis. For some rough guidelines for amounts and payouts please consult the table below. Your compensation amount could be lower, or higher. We will not know until we have spoken to you and gathered details from you.
Get Started Now with Free Consultation
To get started call our specialist cycling accident claims for Leicester team. We are a friendly and compassionate team who are focussed on helping our clients receive the very best legal representation on a no win no fee* agreement. Lines are open now and we are waiting for your call to discuss cycling accident compensation.