Stress at Work Claims in Leicester: Workplace Stress Compensation
Are you suffering from stress at work in Leicester or the surrounding area? Our lawyers could help you today on a no win on fee basis, with a free phone consultation so call now for free advice.
Stress at work is becoming increasingly common, with 488,000 people complaining of work-related stress in 2015/16 and a total of 11.7million working days lost due to work-related stress. If you suffer from anxiety, depression, insomnia, or any other stress-related condition, then you could be eligible for compensation.
Leicester Work Stress Claims Compensation
Many people feel that taking legal action against their employer is extremely daunting. However, it doesn’t need to be. If your employer has failed to address work place pressures and stresses and this results in you becoming unwell, then they may be liable.
Your Employer’s Duty Of Care
Your employer has a duty of care over you and your colleagues. If you are struggling to maintain good mental health at work, then it is their responsibility first off to try to accommodate this. They could be making the following workplace adjustments:
- Reducing your working hours
- Providing you with extra support or supervision
- Reallocating some of your work
- Providing you with confidential counselling
If your employer fails to manage your stress at work, then you could be eligible to make a claim against them. If you have made your stress at work clear to your employer, they should have considered the following actions:
- Carry out a stress at work audit – this should ask employees to list their concerns with regards to stress at work.
- Create a stress at work policy – this should give employees guidance on how to cope with their stress at work, and give advice on how to raise concerns within the workplace.
- Use return to work interviews – when employees have been absent, this provides them with one-on-one time with management to voice issues with regards to stress at work.
- Train management to recognise situations that could cause stress at work, recognise employees suffering from stress at work and how to manage employees’ stress at work levels.
Making A Stress At Work Claim in Leicester
If your employer has failed to assist you with your work-related stress, then you could be owed compensation. Employment law can often be highly complex, and that’s why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side who you can trust to win you the maximum amount of compensation for the stress you have suffered at work.
Our call handlers can assess your case in a matter of minutes and determine whether you are in a position to start a claim. If so, then we could have you on the road to compensation in no time at all. All that we encourage you to do is retain any evidence of your work-related stress that you can.
This could mean evidence of time taken off work, or evidence of having visited your GP for work-related stress.
Anything that lends credibility to your claim will strengthen your case and could ultimately seeing you walk away with a bigger compensation package. Put an end to your work-related stress today and win the compensation that you deserve.